If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 356-0263

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The phone had a mind of its own

6/10/2019 (Permalink)

Steven and Hanna received a call from a water loss at an Apartment complex in Rexburg, ID. Upon arrival they decided they needed help so they contacted Zach and Justin so they could help them move contents and place drying equipment to help stabilize and start the drying process. The loss was caused from a lithium battery being left on the charger. It had exploded and caused the sprinkler system to activate flooding 1 apartment and 2 hallways.

So what exactly causes a lithium battery to explode? According to www.consumerreport.com the chemicals inside the battery begin to heat up, which causes further degradation of the separator. The battery can eventually hit temperatures of more than 1,000° F. At that point the flammable electrolyte can ignite or even explode when exposed to the oxygen in the air

If you have a Fire, Water, Mold or Asbestos disaster give SERVPRO a call today! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! 

Other News

View Recent Posts