If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 356-0263

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Poor Ventilation Aides Mold Growth

12/6/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO is on the job today in a home with mold in various places throughout house.

Mold in your home doesn’t have to come from a broken pipe or a water loss that wasn’t taken care of fast enough.

The mold being treated today is actually the result of poor ventilation in the home.

Mold was found in several places around the home, but the areas most affected were in fact baseboards and sheet rock that had free standing cabinets placed in front of the wall.  This allowed for a dark and undisturbed area in which mold was free to grow.

One of the benefits of modern homes is the fact that they are more air tight and keep out those cold Idaho winters. However, in older homes if not regulated correctly, humidity along with a poorly ventilated area can allow mold unchecked.

If you find mold in your home call SERVPRO and let us put our experience, training, and certification to work for you.

Other News

View Recent Posts